VICTORIA – 39 local organizations on the North Shore received Community Gaming Grants from the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development. Together, these grants total over $1 million of funding.
“The Community Gaming Grant program is an excellent way to support local organizations as they deliver important services to communities across the province.”
– West Vancouver-Capilano MLA Ralph Sultan
“These organizations do vital work in our communities. I am pleased that the Province has been able to support them through the Community Gaming Grants program.”
– West Vancouver-Sea to Sky MLA Joan McIntyre
“I am so happy for each of these organizations that received funding on the North Shore. They are a core piece of the social fabric that makes the North Shore such a great place to live. ”
– North Vancouver-Lonsdale MLA Naomi Yamamoto
- Community Gaming Grants allow non-profit organizations to apply for provincial gaming revenues to support direct delivery of a program that benefits the broader community.
- In response to the Community Gaming Grant Review conducted last July, the Province reinstated funding to adult arts, culture, and sport organizations, environmental groups, and animal welfare agencies. It also increased financial support for organizations that have faced funding reductions in the past three years. This amounts to $15 million more in gaming grants than originally budgeted for 2011/12.
For more information:
Full application information for B.C. Community Gaming Grants is available online at: