NORTH SHORE – Six North Shore organizations and one artist are receiving grants from the BC Arts Council totalling $185,105. These grants will go toward supporting operating activities, events and the completion of an original manuscript.
- BC Photography and Media Arts Society Presentation House Gallery – $94,500 to assist operating activities
- Dancers of Damelahamid – $8,000 for the 2015 Coastal First Nations Dance Festival
- North Vancouver Community Arts Council – $22,069 to assist operating activities
- North Vancouver Museum and Archives Commission – $30,000 to assist operating activities
- Joy R. Russell – $6,000 for a new poetry manuscript, Crown of Blue
- West Vancouver Community Arts Council – $8,536 to assist operating activities
- West Vancouver Museum – $16,000 to assist operating activities
The funding comes from a record-high $24 million that the BC Arts Council has received from the Government of British Columbia to support artists, arts activities and culture in 2014-15.
As B.C.’s lead agency for arts funding and development, the BC Arts Council enlists the expertise of British Columbia’s artists to evaluate grant applications through a peer review process independent of government.
For a list of recipients, or for more information on BC Arts Council grants, visit the BC Arts Council’s website at: http://www.bcartscouncil.ca.