NORTH SHORE – 13 local organizations have received Community Gaming Grants from the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development, which together total $327,000.
- North Shore Multicultural Society – $47,500
- North Vancouver Community Arts Council – $50,000
- R.N.B. Dance and Theatre Arts Society – $40,000
- North Shore Celtic Ensemble – $15,000
- Special Olympics British Columbia Society – North Shore – $10,000
- De Danaan Irish Cultural Society – $10,000
- Mount Seymour Ski Club – $11,375
- BCO Volleyball Club – $10,600
- West Vancouver Soccer Club – $83,000
- Cypress Ski Club – $23,575
- North Shore Hebrew School Association – $15,000
- Nor Westers Track And Field Club – $9,750
- North Shore Chamber Music Society – $1,200
- Community Gaming Grants allow non-profit organizations to apply for provincial gaming revenues to support direct delivery of a program that benefits the broader community.
- During the 2011/12 fiscal year, government distributed a total of $135 million in gaming grants for eligible community programs and services.
- Approximately 5,300 community groups benefited from funding in 2011/12.
For more information:
Full application information for B.C. Community Gaming Grants is available online at: